Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's women's basketball team outscored Embry-Riddle 39-25 in the second half, but couldn't get past the Eagles on Saturday afternoon, falling 71-69 on the road in its Sunshine State Conference (SSC) opener.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: ERAU 71, Lynn 69
Records: ERAU (2-3, 1-1 SSC), Lynn (2-4, 0-1 SSC)
Location: ICI Center | Daytona Beach, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails 5-2 (last meeting, 2019)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Sarah Baer led the Fighting Knights in scoring, racking up a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds, chipping in two assists, two steals and one block in a team-high 37 minutes.
- Taylor Jones joined Baer in double-digits with 15 points, going a perfect 5-for-5 from the charity stripe.
- The Blue and White struggled from beyond the three-point line, going 1-of-18 from distance.
- Embry-Riddle led by 16 at halftime, a deficit that proved too much to overcome.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Baer now has four double-digit outings and three double-doubles in her first six games at Lynn.
- Jones' 15 are a season-high.
- Heather Durand started for the first time this season.
Lynn hosts Alaska-Anchorage in their next game, taking on the Seawolves on Nov. 27 at 2 p.m.