Winter Haven, Fla. - Lynn University's women's golf team shot a 313 to remain in seventh place out of 10 teams after the second day of action at the Sunshine State Conference Championship. Kristina Ortiz is anchoring the Fighting Knights squad with a two-round total of 150.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 7th out of 10 teams
Location: Winter Haven Golf Club | Winter Haven, Fla.
History at Event: 20th consecutive appearance (won in 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn posted a second round tally of 313 for a two-day total of 624, placing them in seventh. Nova Southeastern now leads the pack (586), followed by Florida Southern (590), Rollins College (595) and a three-way tie for fourth with Saint Leo Florida Tech and Barry all with a 601.
- Tied for 11th, Ortiz utilized a four-stroke improvement from her first round to post a team best 73.
- Samantha Barber is now tied for 27th after shooting a 77 for a two-day total of 156.
- Helen Kreuzer and Lucia Jimenez Martin both have two round tallies of 161 to put themselves into a tie for 34th.
- Two strokes behind of Kruezer and Martin is Jenny Ayala with a 163, placing her in a tie for 37th.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn is second overall in par 3 scoring (+12).
- With 99 pars as a team, the Fighting Knights are fifth overall in that category.
The Fighting Knights conclude play at the 2017 SSC Championship on Tuesday, Apr. 25, teeing off at 9:10 a.m. from hole No. 10. Fans can keep up with live scoring at LynnFightingKnights.com.