Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. – Lynn University's women's golf team is in second place and knocking on the door of leader Rollins after 36-holes at the GolfRank Invitational. Jenny Ayala is tied for second individually as she looks to win her second career tournament.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standings: 2nd out of 13 teams
Location: PGA National Golf Resort & Spa – Fazio Course | Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
History at Event: 12th consecutive appearance (won in 2013 & 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn posted rounds of 301-298 for a 36-hole total of 599, five shots back of leader Rollins. Saint Leo (604) is holding off Barry (606) and host Nova Southeastern (607) for third place.
- Ayala followed up a first round 75 with a one-under par 71 in a second round in which she bogeyed one hole, drained two birdies and sank 15 pars.
- Samantha Barber overcame a disastrous start of the second round, five bogeys and one double, to shoot four-under par over the final 10 holes and finish with a 75.
- Matilda Wahren shot reverse of Barber, 76-75, and is tied with her teammate for 14th place.
- Helen Kreuzer made her season debut with consecutive rounds of 76 while Kristina Ortiz carded a 75-78 for a 153 total.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Ayala is eight shots back of the lead and is tied with four golfers for second place.
- Best round in the last nine rounds dating back to last season.
- Lynn's second round 298 was the second-lowest team score of the day.
- The Blue and White lead the field in birdies (19) and par 4 scoring (+20) and is tied for second in par 3 scoring (+6) and par 5 scoring (+7).
- Ayala is tied for fourth in total birdies (6) and Ortiz ninth in total pars (25).
Lynn is back on the links for the final round of the GolfRank Invitational. The team tees-off the final round with an 8:30 am shotgun start. Fans can keep up with the action through live stats at LynnFightingKnights.com.