Lutz, Fla. – Paced by top-10 finishes from Matilda Wahren and Helen Kreuzer, Lynn University's women's golf team finished third out of 14 teams at the USF Intercollegiate. This is the second consecutive top-three finish for the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Results: 3rd out of 14 teams
Location: TPC Tampa Bay | Lutz, Fla.
History at Event: First appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn shot 317 as a team and closed out the 54-hole tournament with a 926 total, eight shots back of winner Georgetown (918) and two shots behind Barry (924). Towson (929) claimed fourth while William & Mary finished fifth.
- Wahren tied for fourth with a three-round score of 230. She mixed in two birdies with five bogeys and two double bogeys.
- Kreuzer matched Wahren in her final round score with two birides, six bogeys and one double to tie for ninth.
- Kristina Ortiz and Jenny Ayala each tied for 23rd with 54-hole totals of 234 and Samantha Barber notched a 239.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn led the field in par 4 scoring (+71), was second in total pars (156) and was third in par 5 scoring (+17).
- Kreuzer tied for third in par 4 scoring (+9) and Ortiz was tied for third in par 5 scoring (E).
- Wahren's 228 was one shot from tying her previous 54-hole career-best total.
The Fighting Knights end the fall season and will pick up play on Feb. 4, 2018 when they take part in the World Golf Invitational at the Slammer & Squire at World Golf Village in St. Augustine, Fla.