St. Augustine, Fla. – Lynn University's women's golf team shot 316 on the final day of the World Golf Invitational to end the competition in seventh place. Jenny Ayala and Helen Kreuzer just missed out on top-10 finishes.
INSIDE THE TOUNAMENT:
Location: Slammer & Squire Course at the World Golf Village | St. Augustine, Fla.
History at the Tournament: Fifth consecutive year participating (won in 2014 & 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn ended the 18-team tournament with a 36-hole total of 628, 43-shots back of winner Nova Southeastern (585) which shot a tournament-best seven-under par on the final day. Host Flagler (600) moved into second ahead of Florida Tech (605), Saint Leo (618) and SCAD (622).
- Ayala added two birdies but traded eight bogeys for a seven-over par 79. She tied for 24th individually.
- Kreuzer sank 11 pars to go along with seven bogeys to also card a 79 and tie for 24th.
- Kristina Ortiz was third on the team with a 54-hole total of 157.
- Samantha Barber posted the lowest second round score for Lynn with 13 pars and five bogeys for a five-over par 77.
- Matilda Wahren showed some improvement but finished with a 166 total.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Barber was tied for seventh with 24 pars, three back of the leader.
Lynn returns to action at the Lady Moc Classic Feb. 19-20, at the Grasslands Country Club. Fans can keep up with the action at LynnFightingKnights.com.