Lakeland, Fla. – Lynn University's women's golf team shot 603 as a team for 36-holes and sits in sixth place heading into the final round of The Lady Moc Golf Classic. Helen Kreuzer had a program record-tying day on the course to end play in a tie for second while Matilda Wahren is within earshot of the top-10.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Location: Grasslands Golf & Country Club | Lakeland, Fla.
History at Event: 17th consecutive year participating (Finished 9th in 2017; Won in 2016 and 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White started the day with a 300 team score before heading to the clubhouse with a 303 on the second 18. Their 603 is 20 shots back of leader Nova Southeastern (583). Seminole State (585) is on the heels of the Sharks with Saint Leo (590), Barry (5989) and Flagler (600) all within the top-five.
- Playing separate from the starting five, Kreuzer began the day with a personal-best round of 72. She would go on to tie the program record with a second round four-under par 68 and is three shots back of Tuan-Yu Chiang of Seminole State.
- Wahren started a little bumpy with a six-over 78 but rallied big-time over the next 18 holes with a two-under par 72. She is two shots back of the top-10.
- Jenny Ayala and Kristina Ortiz are within a shot of each other. The duo shared scores of 72 in the first round while Ayala bested her teammate by one stroke in the second round 78 to 79.
- Samantha Barber tagged in with rounds of 78 and 76 for a 154 total while Cristina Gutierrez made her spring debut with a 162 total.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Kreuzer's second round 68 bested her previous low 18 total by seven strokes
- Kreuzer becomes the fifth different golfer to post a 68 in program history
- She is tied for first in par 4 scoring (-2), tied for fourth in total pars (26) and tied for sixth in par 5 scoring (-2) and total birdies (7).
- Barber joined Kreuzer in the top-10 for total pars as she is tied for ninth with 24.
Lynn is back on the links for the final round of the Lady Moc Classic on Tuesday morning. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.