Miami Lakes, Fla. - Lynn University's women's golf team is in eighth place after 36-holes at the Barry University Invite by Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza. Jenny Ayala is tied for fourth and three shots off the lead.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 8th of 17 teams
Location: Don Shula Golf Resort| Miami Lakes, Fla.
History at Event: Fourth consecutive appearance and sixth appearance overall (Runner-Up 2009 & '10)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White connected on rounds of 300 and 299 for a 599 total. They trail top-ranked Nova Southeastern (582) by 17 shots. Third-ranked Dallas Baptist (583) is second followed by second-ranked Indianapolis (585), No. 13 Rollins (595) and No. 6 Florida Southern (595).
- Ayala traded five birdies and five bogeys throughout the 36-holes for consecutive rounds of 72. Her 144 is three shots behind Dallas Baptist's Ann Parmerter (141).
- Samantha Barber went par crazy in round one with 16 pars, a birdie and a bogey. Round two saw the senior knock down three birdie putts along with four bogeys. She is tied for sixth with a 145.
- Matilda Wahren logged scorecards of 76 and 78 for a 154 total with Helen Kreuzer two shots back at 156.
- Kristina Ortiz was the last of the Fighting Knights starting contingent with a score of 159.
- Playing separate from the team, Cristina Gutierrez has a 162 through 36-holes.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn leads the field with 124 pars and is third in par 3 scoring (+10).
- Barber is tied for second in par 4 scoring (-1) and tied for third in total pars (27).
- Ayala is tied for fourth in par 5 scoring (-2) and fifth in total pars (26).
The Fighting Knights conclude play with an 8 a.m. shotgun start and are grouped with Florida Tech and Arkansas Tech. Fans can keep up with action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.