Miami Lakes, Fla. - Lynn University's women's golf team battled sustained winds of 20 miles per hour to finish eighth at the Barry U Invited by Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza. Both Jenny Ayala and Samantha Barber earned top-10 finishes.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 8th of 17 teams
Location: Don Shula Golf Resort| Miami Lakes, Fla.
History at Event: Fourth consecutive appearance and sixth appearance overall (Runner-Up 2009 & '10)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn shot its highest round of the tournament (313) and closed out play with a three-round score of 912. Nova Southeastern (873) claimed first place accolades followed by Dallas Baptist (885) and Indianapolis (885), Florida Southern (892) and host Barry (897).
- Ayala and Barber tied for 10th individually with 54-hole scores of 221. Ayala hit one birdie with six bogeys for a 77 while Barber dropped two birdies with six bogeys for a 76.
- Helen Kreuzer sank the most birdies on the day for Lynn with four but unfortunately made eight bogeys, one double and a triple for an 81. Matilda Wahren matched Kreuzer's third round score and posted a 235 total.
- Kristina Ortiz ended the tournament with a 238 total, respectively.
- Playing as an individual, Cristina Gutierrez added a 247 total.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn was third in total pars (171), tied for fourth in par 3 scoring (+19).
- Not only did Ayala and Barber tie in the standings, they each logged the same total amount of pars (37), tying for sixth in the field.
- Ayala recorded her 15th career top-10 finish, eighth most in program history.
- This is the first time both Ayala and Barber have finished in the top-10 in the same tournament.
The Fighting Knights are back in action at the WT A&M Desert Invitational at The Lodge at Ventana Canyon in Tucson, Ariz. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.