Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's women's golf team is tied for second after the opening round of the Lady Falcon Invitational. Matilda is second individually while Kristina Ortiz is tied for third.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: T-2nd out of 10 teams
Location: LPGA International – Hills Course | Daytona Beach, Fla.
History at Event: 13th appearance; Won twice (Finished 2nd in 2013)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Lynn was one of three teams to shoot 307 as a team, joining Florida Southern and Bethune-Cookman. The trio are all chasing Seminole State, which shot 299. Daytona State (313) rounds out the top-five.
- Wahren posted a one-under par 71 and is two strokes behind Worapitcha Anudit from Seminole State.
- Ortiz logged a three-over 75 and is tied with three golfers for third place.
- Helen Kreuzer posted a six-over 78 on the day.
- Freshmen Serena Nguyen and Monica Abiwardani carded scores of 83 and 92, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Wahren was one of just two players to shoot under par.
- Ortiz is aiming for her 10th career top-10 finish.
- Lynn last won this event September 24, 2006. It was the second consecutive year the Blue and White would take home top honors.
Lynn returns to the links for the second round beginning at 8 a.m. with Abiwardani teeing off from the first tee. For more information, check out LynnFightingKnights.com.