Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's women's golf team is fifth out of 10 teams after the second round of the Lady Falcon Invitational. Helen Kreuzer is tied for fourth individually while Kristina Ortiz and Matilda Wahren finished the day tied for sixth.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 5th out of 10 teams
Location: LPGA International – Hills Course | Daytona Beach, Fla.
History at Event: 13th appearance; Won twice (Finished 2nd in 2013)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE DAY:
- In the second day of action, the Blue and White shot 33 over-par, totaling 321 for the round to fall to fifth overall. Lynn is nine shots back of fourth-place Daytona State (619) and 17 behind the leader Seminole State (611). Florida Southern (615) and Bethune-Cookman (616) are second and third.
- Kreuzer moved up 11 spots after finishing the day with a two-over par 74. She is tied with BC's Yudika Rodriguez (152) for fourth place and is 11 shots behind Worapitcha Anudit (141) of Seminole State.
- Ortiz (+6) and Wahren (+10) are both sitting at a two-day total of 153 and are locked in a four-way tie for sixth place.
- Freshmen Monica Abiwardani and Serena Nguyen carded scores of 87 and 88, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Both Kreuzer and Abiwardani combined for a nine stroke improvement from round one to round two.
- The Blue and White have three players in the top-ten moving into the final round.
Lynn returns to the links for the third and final round beginning at 8 a.m. with Abiwardani teeing off from the first tee. For more information, check out LynnFightingKnights.com.