Daytona Beach, Fla. - Lynn University's women's golf team shot a solid 316 in the final round of the Lady Falcon Invitational and finished fifth out of 10 teams. Three members of the Fighting Knights did place in the top-10 with Kristina Ortiz the top finisher after tying for fourth.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 5th out of 10 teams
Location: LPGA International – Hills Course | Daytona Beach, Fla.
History at Event: 13th appearance; Won twice (Finished 2nd in 2013)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Lynn (944) fired a final round 316 as a team to hold off cross-town rival Florida Atlantic (946) for fifth place. Seminole State (917) went wire-to-wire in first place, followed by Florida Southern (924) and host Daytona State (924) and Bethune-Cookman (933).
- Ortiz carded her second round of 75 in the last three days to shoot a 12-over par 228. She finished in a three-way tie for fourth place, 20 shots back of the winner Worapitcha Anudit of Seminole State.
- Helen Kreuzer placed seventh overall following a three-day total of 229.
- Matilda Warren shot a 231 to tie for eighth place.
- Freshmen Serena Nguyen and Monica Abiwardani finished 49th and tied for 53rd, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Ortiz recorded the 10th top-10 finish of career, tying for 11th in program history with Megan Mangone (2005-09).
- Kreuzer earned her third top-10 finish of her career while Wahren posted her second top-10 finish as a member of the Blue and White.
- Nguyen and Abiwardani each participated in their first career tournaments.
The Fighting Knights are back on the links at the Super Regional Preview beginning Monday, Oct. 1, at the Cleveland Country Club in Cleveland, Tenn. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.