Cleveland, Tenn. - Lynn University's women's golf team shot the third-lowest score in the second round and is holding on to third place at the Lady Flames Regional Preview. Kristina Ortiz paced the Fighting Knights and is tied for fourth individually.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 3rd of 12 teams
Location: Cleveland Country Club | Cleveland, Tenn.
History at Event: First Appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn sputtered to a 314 through 18-holes, ending the first round in seventh place. But the Blue and White improved nine shots to shoot up the leaderboard with a 36-hole score of 619 and end the day in third place.
- Barry (592) holds the overall lead with host Lee (608) nine strokes ahead of Lynn. Florida Tech (620) and Saint Leo (621) round out the top-five.
- Oritz posted a one-over par 73 in the opening round, converting 15 pars and one birdie. In round two she carded a three-over 75 for a 148 total.
- Helen Kreuzer mirred the team's success, posting a seven-over par 79 before locking in an even par 72 to move into a tie for 10th.
- Matilda Wahren added consecutive scorecards of 79.
- Serene Nguyen and Cristina Gutierrez posted scores of 162 and 173, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- This is the same location of the 2019 NCAA Division II Super Region 2 Tournament.
- Lynn is tied for fourth in total pars (72).
- Ortiz leads the field in total pars (28) with Kreuzer third in total birdies (7).
- Four of the top-five teams hail from the Sunshine State Conference.
Lynn tees off the third and final round beginning from the first hole at 8:50 a.m. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.