Cleveland, Tenn. - Lynn University's women's golf team placed third at the Lady Flames Regional Preview while Helen Kreuzer shot the second lowest round of the day to finish fourth individually.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 3rd of 12 teams
Location: Cleveland Country Club | Cleveland, Tenn.
History at Event: First Appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn tied for the second lowest round of the day, posting a 309 en route to a 928 total. Barry (900) claimed top honors with host Lee (913) earning second place. The Fighting Knights staved off Saint Leo (930) and Florida Tech (932) over the final three holes.
- Kreuzer posted a one-over par 73 on the day and closed out play with a three-round total of 224. She held down fourth place on her own and trailed the winner, Haverly Harrold of Lee, by six strokes.
- Ortiz ended the tournament with a 227 and tied for ninth individually.
- Matilda Wahren carded scores of 79-79-78 for a 236 total to tie for 22nd place.
- Serena Nguyen scored a 248 and Cristina Gutierrez shot her best round of the tournament, a 79, to finish with a 252.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Kreuzer has logged back-to-back top-10 performances, just the second time in her career she has finished inside the top-10 in consecutive tournaments.
- This is also her fifth career top-10 finish.
- Ortiz collected her 11th career top-10 finish, giving her sole possession of 11th place in program history.
- Nguyen bested her 54-hole total by nine strokes from the previous week.
- Ortiz shared the field lead in total pars with 69 while Kreuzer was tied for second with 10 birdies.
The Fighting Knights return to the links on Monday, Oct. 15, to participate in the NCAA DII National Preview to be held at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.