Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. – The Lynn University women's golf team are getting a first-hand look at the NCAA Division II National Championship course as it takes part in the NCAA DII National Preview. The Fighting Knights are in seventh place while Helen Kreuzer is bidding for her third consecutive top-10 finish.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 7th out of 12 teams
Location: PGA National – Champions Course| Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
History at Event: First Appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn shot a 320 on the first day of the tournament. Dallas Baptist has a 10-shot lead (299) over Grand Valley State (309) while St. Mary's (Texas) (312), host West Texas A&M (314) and Tarleton State (316) are separated by seven strokes.
- Kreuzer birdied three holes but dropped strokes with five bogeys and one double bogey. Here 76 is only four shots back of the leader, Katie Chipman of GVSU.
- Both Kristina Ortiz and Matilda Wahren logged rounds of 79 and Serena Nguyen and Cristina Gutierrez are tied for 45th and 54th, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- The 2019 NCAA Division II National Championship will be held at PGA National on the Champions Course.
- Kreuzer is trying for a personal-best three consecutive top-10 finishes. She earned two straight last year but missed out on the third. Ortiz ended 2018 by placing in the top-10 in the final three tournaments.
- Lynn is tied for the par 3 scoring lead (+4), tied for third in overall birdies (7) and fifth in total pars (45).
- Kreuzer shares the par 4 scoring led (+1) and is tied for second in total birdies (3).
Lynn tees-off the final round beginning at 8:39 am from the No. 10tee box. Fans can keep up with the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.