Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. – Lynn University's women's golf team shot the fifth-best total on the day to jump two positions and finish tied for fifth at the NCAA Division II National Preview. Helen Kreuzer and Kristina Ortiz each logged their third consecutive top-10 finishes.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: T-5th out of 12 teams
Location: PGA National – Champions Course| Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
History at Event: First Appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White connected on a 318 team score to match Tarleton State's (638) 36-hole total. Dallas Baptist (601) claimed first place with Grand Valley State (616) holding off St. Mary's (Texas) (622) for second and host West Texas A&M (631) placing fourth.
- Ortiz traded three birdies with five bogeys to fire a two-over par 74. It tied for the third-lowest individual score on the day and pushed her into the top-10, where she tied for eighth with a two-day score of 153.
- Kreuzer added a 77 to her 76 from the previous round to match Ortiz's 153.
- Matilda Wahren posted a 161 with teammates Serena Nguyen and Cristina Gutierrez logging scores of 171 and 173, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Kreuzer and Ortiz are the first golfers since since Jenny Ayala in 2016 to open the season with three consecutive top-10 finishes and the fifth & sixth golfers overall in the program's illustrious history to accomplish this feat.
- This also marks the first time in program history two golfers have started the season with three consecutive top-10 finishes.
- Ortiz now has 12 career top-10 finishes, tied for 10th in program history.
Lynn takes part in its final tournament of the fall season when it travels to Orlando, Fla., for the Rollins Invitational beginning on Monday, Nov. 5. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.