Orlando, Fla. – Lynn University's women's golf team posted rounds of 301 and 310 and is fifth out of 13 teams after 36-holes at the Rollins Legends Invitational. Helen Kreuzer is the low scorer for the Fighting Knights while Serena Nguyen posted her lowest career 18-hole total.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 5th out of 13 teams
Location: Country Club of Orlando| Orlando, Fla.
History at Event: First Appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn's 611 total through two rounds is well back of second-ranked Dallas Baptist (579) and No. 3 Nova Southeastern (586). Host Rollins (596) is third and Wingate (609) fourth.
- Four strokes separates Lynn's first through fifth golfers.
- Kreuzer started hot, shooting a two-over par 74, before cooling off with a second round 78. A bogey and double began the morning but she added a birdie on the final hole before the turn and was two-under on the front nine.
- Cristina Gutierrez is one shot behind Kreuzer with a two-round score of 153. Her second round came with 15 pars, two bogeys and one double.
- Matilda Wahren logged rounds of 76 and 78 and is tied for 33rd.
- Nguyen matched Kreuzer's 74 in the opening round and ended the day with a 155. She started with six consecutive pars and hit a bump with bogeys on three of the next four holes before close out the first round with seven pars and one birdie.
- Kristina Ortiz added back-to-back rounds of 78.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Lynn's 301 opening round was its season-best 18-hole total.
- Gutierrez carded consecutive rounds of 77 or better for the first time since Oct. 3, 2016.
- Nuyen's 74 was five shots better than her previous career-best.
- Lynn is fourth in par 4 scoring and total pars.
- Gutierrez leads the field in total pars (28) and Kreuzer is tied for fifth in par 4 scoring (+2).
Lynn wraps up the final round of the Rollins Legend Invitational with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Fans can keep up with live scoring at LynnFightingKnights.com.