Orlando, Fla. – Lynn University's women's golf team ends its fall competition after tying for fifth at the Rollins Legends Invitational. The Fighting Knights posted their lowest 54-total of the fall along with Matilda Wahren, Cristina Gutierrez and Serena Nguyen.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: T-5th out of 13 teams
Location: Country Club of Orlando| Orlando, Fla.
History at Event: First Appearance
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn shot a 306 on the final day of the event as St. Mary's (Texas) pulled even with a two-day score of 917. Dallas Baptist took top honors with an 877, followed by Nova Southeastern 884), host Rollins (898) and Wingate (916).
- Kreuzer mixed in three birdies with three bogeys and a double for a three-over par 75. She tied for 15th individually.
- Wahren also shot a 75 with two birds and five bogeys. Her 229 tied her for 23rd.
- Gutierrez and Kristina Ortiz were one shot off each other (232 and 233) following rounds of 79 and 77 while Nguyen posted her second consecutive round of 81.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Gutierrez's 232 is the third-lowest 54-hole total of her career and lowest since Oct. 4, 2016.
- Nguyen bested her previous 54-hole low by 12 shots.
- Ortiz's string of six consecutive top-10 finishes has been snapped along with Kreuzer's three straight top-10 finishes.
- Ortiz's streak was the longest for the women's golf program since Jessica Bradley placed in the top-10 in six consecutive tournaments to end the 2015 season and tied for the third-longest behind Bradley's 18 straight from 2014-15 and Samantha Smolen's string of seven straight from 2012-13.
- Kreuzer has been the top finisher for Lynn in three of the team's four fall tournaments.
- The Fighting Knights placed in the top-five in all four fall tournaments.
- Lynn was fifth in par 3 and par 4 scoring and fourth in total pars (165).
- Gutierrez finished tied for second in total pars (37) while Kreuzer was tied for 10th in total birdies (8).
Lynn is back on the links Monday, Feb. 11, 2019 at the LMU Women's Spring Kick-off at the Golf Club at South Hampton in St. Augustine, Fla. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.