Lakeland, Fla. - Lynn University's women's golf team is tied for third after 36-holes of play at the Lady Moc Classic and is only seven shots back of the leader. Fresh off her Sunshine State Conference Golfer of the Week recognition, Kreuzer is alone in fourth and four shots behind first.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standings: T-3RD out of 17 teams
Location: Grasslands Golf & Country Club | Lakeland, Fla.
History at Event: 18th consecutive year participating (Finished 7th in 2018; Won in 2016 and 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn shot 298 to start the day and then a 300 in the second round for a 598 total to tie with Barry and Tampa. Nova Southeastern (591) shot the lowest first round in tournament history with one-under 287 but a 304 in the second round and is ahead of second-place Saint Leo (597) by six.
- Kruezer logged her third consecutive par or better round with a one-under 71 over the first 18-holes. A one-over 73 has her with an even par 144 through 36-holes and just four shots back of Seher Atwal of Rollins.
- Matilda Wahren is two shots back of the top-10, posting rounds of 73-76 for a 149 total.
- Kristina Ortiz (152) and Cristina Gutierrez (153) are one shot apart with Serena Nguyen the last of the Lynn contingent at 162.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Kreuzer is trying to become the first golfer since Jessica Bradley in 2015 to earn five top-10 finishes through her first six tournaments of the season.
- Lynn's opening round 298 is the second-lowest team 18-hole score this season.
- Kreuzer leads the field with nine birdies and par 4 scoring (-1)
- Ortiz is tied for fourth in par 3 scoring (-1).
- Wahren is tied for seventh with 25 total pars.
Lynn tees-off at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 19 to start the final round. For more information, check out LynnFightingKnights.com.