Tucson, Ariz. – Lynn University's women's golf team is in third place after the first round of the West Texas A&M Desert Invite. Helen Kreuzer is looking for her second victory of the year as she has three-shot lead
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standing: 3rd of 17 teams
Location: The Lodge at Ventana Canyon | Tucson, Ariz.
History at Event: Second Appearance (T-3rd in 2018)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White shot 306 as a team and is 10 shots behind Cal-State San Marcos (296) and six back of Grand Valley State (300). Host West Texas A&M (308) and Oklahoma Christian (306) are tied for fourth.
- Kreuzer nearly had a clean scorecard, trading five birdies with two bogeys. Her 69 is three strokes ahead four golfers in a tie for second.
- Matilda Wahren is just outside the top-10 following a three-over 75.
- Kristina Ortiz posted an 80 with Cristina Gutierrez and Serena Nguyen recoding matching 81s, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Kreuzer is aiming for her second career tournament win after taking top honors at the LMU Spring Kick-Off.
- She is the only golfer to shoot under par
- This is the first round of golf for Wahren since she shot program-record 66 in the final round of the Barry Invitational.
- Lynn is tied with Cal-State San Marcos for par 5 scoring (+1) and is tied for third with eight total birdies.
- Kreuzer is tops in the field in par 5 scoring (-3) and total birdies.
Lynn begins the final round paired with Cal State San Marcos and Grand Valley State with an 8 am shotgun start.