Orlando, Fla. – Heavy rain has postponed the completion of the opening day for Lynn University's women's golf team at the Hatter Classic. The Fighting Knights were fortunate to finish the round but three teams did not complete play and will finish up on Tuesday. Play for the 54-hole tournament has been cut to 36-holes with a 9 a.m. shotgun start.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Standings: Round one still incomplete
Location: Alaqua Country Club | Orlando, Fla..
Par / Yardage: 72 / 6,016
History at Event: Second appearance (T-10th in 1999)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn was one of six teams to complete the first round, shooting 301 as a team. Host Stetson (296) and Barry share the lead after 18 holes.
- Helen Kreuzer shot a one-over par 73 and is three shots back of the leader, Symone Henriques of Daytona State College. The No. 2 ranked golfer in the country traded four birdies with three bogeys and a double-bogey.
- Amber Lee Svendsen posted a two-over par 74 and is tied for eighth. Her three bogeys and one double were offset by three biridies.
- Matilda Wahren and Camila Ugalde each connected on rounds of 77 while Honor Keilty added an 82, respectively.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- 36-holes were scheduled for Monday with the final 18 on Tuesday. The tournament is now looking to finish with 36-holes.
- Svendsen tied her career-best round with a 74.
Lynn is back on the links for a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Fans can keep up with live scoring at LynnFightingKnights.com.