Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. – A pair of quick goals midway through the first half put Lynn University's women's soccer team in a hole it could not recover from as the squad fell 4-2 to Nova Southeastern on Wednesday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Nova Southeastern 4, Lynn 2
Records: Nova Southeastern (7-2-0, 2-1-0 SSC), Lynn (2-6-1, 1-2-0 SSC)
Location: University Field | Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Series: Lynn is even 12-12-1 (Last meeting 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Nova Southeastern scored two goals, three minutes apart midway through the first half to grab a 2-0 lead.
- Down 3-0, Emily Weisberg scored her fourth goal of the year in the 63rd minute.
- Goal at 70:17 gave NSU 3-1 lead
- Danielle Paschall ended the scoring on the night with a goal in the 84th minute.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- Lynn outshot Nova Southeastern 19-9 overall, including 10-3 in the second half.
- The Fighting Knights also attempted a season-high seven corner kicks
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Danielle Paschall's goal was the first of her career.
- Emily Weisberg is 3-for-3 in PK attempts this season.
- Goalkeeper Jensen Wiedmer made her season debut, allowing one goal in 45 minutes while stopping one shot.
The Fighting Knights host Florida Tech on Saturday, Oct. 3, at Bobby Campbell Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. and can be watched live here.