BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team missed a pair of first-half offensive opportunities while a late defensive misplay led to a 2-1 loss to Florida Southern on Saturday night at Bobby Campbell Stadium.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Southern 2, Lynn 1
Records: Florida Southern (2-7-1, 2-4-0 SSC), Lynn (2-8-1, 1-4-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series: Lynn trails 8-9-1 (Last meeting 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Florida Southern struck first in the 33rd minute with a goal by Anna Griessler.
- Summer Schults evened the match three minutes later in the 36th minute with her first goal.
- Florida Southern scored the game-winner in the 83rd minute off a goal by Sheila Ramos.
STAT OF THE GAME
- Lynn outshot its opponent for the fifth straight game, 11-7
- Kelly Field collected her first career assist.
- The Fighting Knights missed two shots within the 18-yard box.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Kayley Smith started her first career match for the Fighting Knights.
The Fighting Knights are back on the pitch when they travel to Hickory, N.C., to take on Lenoir-Rhyne. Kickoff is slated for noon and can be followed live at LynnFightingKnights.com.