Boca Raton, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team snapped a five-game losing streak with a 4-0 win over Eckerd College on Saturday afternoon. Caroline Duerr and Emily Weisberg combined on a pair of goals to secure the victory.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 4, Eckerd 0
Records: Lynn (3-10-1), Eckerd (4-7-2)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series: Lynn leads 14-2 (Last meeting 2014)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Claudia Kraut converted off a shot that hit the cross bar in the 47' minute to put Lynn ahead 1-0.
- Caroline Duerr found the net off an Emily Weisberg cross in the 55' minute.
- Duerr scored her second goal of the match on a low cross from Emily Weisberg in the 62' minute.
- Brianna Lemerise tallied the final goal of the match off a long ball from Anna Shawley in the 85' minute.
STAT OF THE GAME
- Lynn outshot Eckerd 16-5 overall and held a 7-0 lead in corner kicks.
- The Fighting Knights had a season-high seven offside calls.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This win snapped a five-game losing streak for the Fighting Knights.
- Claudia Kraut recorded her first career game-winning goal.
- Emily Weisberg had her first ever multi-assist game.
- Duerr tallied her first career multi-goal game.
- The Fighting Knights and Alexa Downie posted their second clean sheet of the season.
- Brianna Lemerise posted a goal and assist for the first time in her Blue & White career.
The Fighting Knights are back on the pitch on Tuesday, Oct. 20, when they travel to Melbourne, Fla., to play Florida Tech. Kickoff is slated for 7 pm and can be watched live at LynnFightingKnights.com.