Melbourne, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team posted its second consecutive shutout but could not find the back of the net, earning a 0-0 draw with Florida Tech in a non-conference tilt.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 0, Florida Tech 0 (2OT)
Records: Lynn (3-10-2), Florida Tech (8-4-2)
Location: Rick Stottler Field | Melbourne, Fla.
Series: Lynn trails 7-8-1 (Last meeting Oct. 3, 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Jamie Perriello hit the crossbar 5:26 into the match and Emily Weisberg hit the post three minutes later.
- Alexa Downie turned away a Florida Tech attempt in the 85th minute to send the match into overtime.
- FIT and Lynn exchanged shot attempts on target in the 2OT but the match ended in a stalemate
STAT OF THE GAME
- Lynn outshot Florida Tech 10-9
- Downie stopped five shots for her third shutout of the season.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the seventh game decided by a goal or less for Lynn. The Fighting Knights are 1-4-2 in those matches.
- Lynn's three shutouts are the most since the 2011 season.
The Fighting Knights are back on the pitch on Saturday, Oct. 24, when they host Embry-Riddle. Kickoff is slated for 7 pm and can be watched live at LynnFightingKnights.com.