Melbourne, Fla. – Despite jumping out to an early lead in the sixth minute of action on the road on Wednesday night, Lynn University's women's soccer team dropped a non-conference matchup to Florida Tech by a final score of 4-1 at Rick Stottler Field.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: FIT 4, Lynn 1
Records: Lynn (2-3-0), FIT (3-1-1)
Location: Rick Stottler Field | Melbourne, Florida
All-Time Series: Florida Tech leads, 11-7-1
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- The Fighting Knights jumped out to an early lead thanks to Donish Henry-Cole's sixth-minute tally, as she headed home a ball from Jamie Perriello to make it 1-0.
- Florida Tech answered midway through the opening half, knotting the game at 1-1 in the 18th minute on a goal from Keria McCarthy.
- Two more goals from FIT late in the first half pushed the lead to 3-1 for the hosts, as Maria Munoz and Brittany Etrick notched goals for the Panthers.
- In the 72nd minute, Munoz tallied her second score of the game, netting the only goal of the second half and pushing the FIT lead to 4-1.
- Alexa Downie stopped eight shots in the contest, the third-highest single-game total of her career.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Henry-Cole's goal was her second of the season, tying her for the team lead with Gabriela Moriera and Valentina Pedretti.
- Perriello registered her team-leading third assist of the young season on the game's opening score.
- The two squads will meet again later this season, as the Blue and White host FIT for a Sunshine State Conference matchup on Oct. 18.
Lynn opens its SSC slate on Saturday evening when it hosts Embry-Riddle under the lights of Bobby Campbell Stadium. Kick-off is scheduled for 6 p.m.