BOCA RATON, Fla. – Despite the game being scoreless for the first 75 minutes, two late goals by Barry downed the Lynn University women's soccer team by a final score of 2-0 on Wednesday night at Bobby Campbell Stadium in a Sunshine State Conference matchup.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Barry 2, Lynn 0
Records: Lynn 5-6-0 (3-3-0 SSC), Barry 4-2-2 (3-1-2 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Florida
All-Time Series: Barry leads, 25-14-2
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Neither side could score in the first 75 minutes of the contest, but Barry's Amanda Traynor notched her sixth goal of the season in the 76th minute to put the Buccaneers on top, 1-0, after a nifty move at the top of the box.
- Christy Grimshaw doubled Barry's lead just five minutes later, carrying the ball from midfield all the way into the box and slotting a shot past Lynn keeper Alexa Downie for the two-goal lead.
- Downie tallied four saves for the Fighting Knights, while Donish Henry-Cole registered three of the Blue and White's six shots.
- Barry outshot Lynn 23-6 overall, and 7-2 on goal.
- Corner kicks were nearly even, as Barry held a slim, 6-5, advantage.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn had a pristine chance to take the first lead of the game in the 75th minute, when Valentina Pedretti ripped a shot off a volley, but a diving save kept the game scoreless.
- The Buccaneers won their second consecutive matchup against the Fighting Knights.
- Lynn had not lost to Barry at home since the 2013 season.
- The loss was the first SSC loss of the season for the Fighting Knights on home turf.
The Blue and White get back to action on Saturday when they travel to Tampa to face off with the Spartans at 7 p.m.