BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team dropped its home opener 3-0 to Florida Southern on Wednesday night. This marks the first loss of the season for the Fighting Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Southern 3, Lynn 0
Records: Lynn 2-1-0, Florida Southern 2-2-0
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-Time Series: Lynn trails, 8-11-7 (Last met in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Lynn watched as Florida Southern made consecutive diving saves early in the first half and then scored just before the half to take a 1-0 lead.
- The Moccasins added a pair of second half goals to make it 3-0.
- Gabriela Lopez snagged four saves in 76 minutes before being relieved by Kiara Burga, who logged two stops.
- Lynn was outshot 15-12 and was behind 5-4 in corner kicks.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Burga made her first career appearance in net.
- Felicia Silveira logged two shots on goal with FSC keeper Noelle Rolfsen making diving stops to keep out of the net.
- This is the first of two meetings against Florida Southern this season.
The Fighting Knights are back in action on Saturday, Sept. 8, when they host Belmont Abbey. Fans can watch the match live at LynnFightingKnights.com.