BOCA RATON, Fla. – The visiting Florida Tech Panthers unleashed a strike less than three minutes into the match on Wednesday that would hold on as the only score of the night as the Lynn University women's soccer team fell in nonconference action, 1-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: FIT 1, Lynn 0
Records: FIT (4-3-1, 1-0-0), Lynn (3-3-0, 1-0-0)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Florida Tech leads 7-13-1
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- FIT's left forward Maria Munoz registered the only score of the night, finding the back of the net in the third minute. Operating on an island, Munoz worked around a Lynn defender at the top left corner of the box before bending the ball into far, top-right corner of the goal.
- The Panthers outshot the Fighting Knights, 18-8, but Lynn held a massive 8-0 advantage in corner kicks.
- Lynn's freshman goalie Lina Lundgren played all 90 minutes between the pipes, logging a season-high seven saves.
- Molly Bryans fired off a team-high three shots with one on net. Emily Weisberg tallied Lynn's other shot on-goal.
- Munoz finished with seven shots and four shots on target for the Panthers.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn's eight corner kicks ties a season-high set in the first game of the year.
- The Fighting Knights were held to just eight shot attempts, one more than the current season-low.
- These two teams will meet again in conference action later this season at Florida Tech on Oct. 17.
- It was the same 1-0 result last season when these two teams met in Boca Raton.
The Blue and White return to league play this weekend, traveling to Embry-Riddle on Saturday, Sept. 22, for a 6 p.m. contest.