Daytona Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team fell short 3-2 to conference foe Embry-Riddle Saturday night. Seniors Morgan Meltzer and Emily Weisberg found the back of the net for the Blue and White in the match.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Embry-Riddle 3, Lynn 2
Records: Lynn (3-4-0, 1-1-0 SSC); Embry-Riddle (4-3-0, 2-1-0 SSC)
Location: ERAU Soccer Stadium | Daytona Beach, Fla.
Series History: Lynn trails 3-2 all-time (won 4-3 in 2OT in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Embry-Riddle took a 3-0 lead into the locker room scoring goals in the 14th, 37th and 43rd minutes.
- The Blue and White found the back of the net 92 seconds into the second half off a header from Meltzer. The goal came after Weisberg's corner kick was headed in the box from Felicia Silveira and Meltzer into the back of the net.
- Almost 20 minutes later, Weisberg added another goal for the Fighting Knights, unassisted.
- Gabriela Lopez came into goal for Lynn in the 38th minute; she totaled three saves on four shots. Lina Lindgren stopped one shot prior to leaving the game.
- Brittney Benedict, Donish Henry-Cole and Tara Harris all recorded a shot on goal.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the fifth time this season Lynn has recorded five saves.
- The Blue and White have had seven assists on the road this season.
- This is Weisberg's first goal of the season and her third assist.
The Fighting Knights are back in action on Wednesday, Sept. 26, when the team hosts Rollins at 6 p.m.