BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team fell short 2-1 to Sunshine State Conference foe Rollins College on Wednesday night. Morgan Meltzer had the lone goal for the Blue and White, her second in as many games.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Rollins 2, Lynn 1
Records: Lynn (3-5-0, 1-2-0 SSC); Rollins (4-1-3, 2-1-0 SSC)
Location: Bobby Campbell Stadium | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series History: Rollins leads 14-13-1 all-time (Lynn won 2-0 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE GAME:
- Meltzer kicked off the scoring in the 40th minute with an assist from Donish Henry-Cole. Henry-Cole had a shot saved by the Rollins keeper before Meltzer slotted the ball into the open goal.
- Olivia Talmage and Kiera McMeekan found the back of the net for the Tars in the 76th and 78th minute, respectively. Jill Richards assisted both goals.
- Nia Perkovich, Gabriela Moreira and Henry-Cole (2) had shots-on-goal for the Fighting Knights.
- Rollins had 13 fouls on the game compared to Lynn's eight.
- The Tars outshot the Fighting Knights, 14 to 13.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This was Meltzer's team-high third goal of the season as she has scored in back-to-back games.
- Henry-Cole's assist was her first on the season.
- Meltzer and Henry-Cole combined for seven of the team's 13 shot attempts.
- Lynn's 13 shots were the most in a game at home this season and the most since Sept. 1.
- Three corner kicks were the least amount of corners for the Blue and White this season.
The Fighting Knights are back in action on Saturday, Sept. 29, at 7 p.m. when the team travels to Eckerd. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.