St. Petersburg, Fla. – Lynn University's women's soccer team dropped a close one in St. Petersburg, falling 2-1 at Eckerd on Saturday night. Emily Weisberg found the back of the net while Kiara Burga set a career-high for saves.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Eckerd 2, Lynn 1
Records: Eckerd (5-3-1, 2-3-0 SSC); Lynn (3-6-0, 1-3-0 SSC)
Location: Johnson Field | St. Petersburg, Fla.
Series History: Lynn leads 15-6-2 all-time (Won 2-1 in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Eckerd took a 1-0 lead just 33 seconds into the second half but Lynn responded with a goal by Weisberg in the 66th minute to tie the match up.
- A failed clearance in the 82nd minute allowed Celine Brandt to score the game-winner.
- Eckerd led 20-13 in shots and held a slim 3-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Burga stopped eight shots while her counterpart, Casey Winn, turned away five shots.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Weisberg has found the back of the net twice in the last three matches.
- The goal improved her mark to 6-for-6 in penalty kicks for her career.
- Weisberg and Morgan Meltzer share the team lead with seven points.
- All three Lynn goalkeepers, Lina Lundgren, Gabriela Lopez and Burga, have stopped at least 16 shots this season in goal (56 in total)
Lynn returns home on Wednesday, Oct. 3, to host Palm Beach Atlantic at 6 p.m. at Bobby Campbell Stadium. Fans can watch the action live at LynnFightingKnights.com.