BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's swimming team won nine of 11 events to top Rollins 155-48 and Keiser 132-71 in a double dual meet on Saturday afternoon. Sarah Hughes and Fatimah Westbrook each claimed multiple race victories and teamed up to help win the 200 medley relay.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Score: Lynn 155, Rollins 48; Keiser 121, Rollins 73; Lynn 132, Keiser 71
Location: McCusker Pool Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn started the day with a six-second victory in the 200 medley relay (Laia Coma, Westbrook, Hughes and Sarah Nichols) with a time of 1:50.76. The Fighting Knights 'B' team (Elizabeth Harris, Isabella Giacomini, Zamar Khacha and Tatiana St. Juste) placed third.
- Catalina Berraud-Galea continued her dominance in the 1000 freestyle, taking top honors with a time of 10:39.32. Kasey Swartley (11:08.96) and Katie Tiell (11:43.41) placed fourth and fifth.
- Megan Carlson followed with a first place finish in the 200 free with a time of 1:57.50, tapping the wall two seconds ahead of Keiser's Rachel Munschauer. Aliah Maginely (2:10.34) and Harris (2:11.77) finished fourth and sixth.
- Westbrook (24.93) and Nichols (25.16) finished 1-2 in the 50 freestyle. Alyson Currao (25.99) placed seventh.
- Lynn took first and second again in the 400 IM with Hughes (4:37.14) earning top honors and Khacha (4:41.70) taking second place. Berraud-Galea (4:48.29) finished fourth.
- Hughes earned another first with a time of 58.60 in the 100 butterfly. Carlson earned fourth in a time of 1:02.70 and Khacha in 1:02.71.
- Nichols killed it in the 100 freestyle, beating her opponent by nearly a second with a time of 54.07. Alyson Currao (57.80) and Katie Tiell (59.62) placed fifth and eighth.
- Laia Coma was the runner-up in the 100 backstroke, tapping the wall in 1:02.33. St. Juste was fourth in 1:06.65 and fifth in 1:08.53.
- Lynn's third 1-2 finish cam in the 500 free courtesy of Berraud-Galea (5:16.21) and Swartley (5:25.57). Aliyah Maginely (5:52.10) finished fifth.
- Westbrook concluded Lynn's dominance in the individual events with a two-second victory in the 100 breaststroke (1:07.79). Giacomini (1:16.82) and Samantha Persuad (1:20.76) also competed.
- The Fighting Knight's 200 free relay placed second (1:43.49) and fifth (1:50.13), respectively.
BEYOND THE TIMESHEET:
- This is the fifth consecutive dual meet victory over Rollins.
- Lynn is meeting Keiser in the pool for the first time.
- The following swimmers swam season-best times:
- Berraud-Galea – 1000 & 500 free
- Carlson – 200 free
- Currao – 50 free
- Giacomini – 100 breast
- Harris – 100 back
- Nichols – 50 free
- Persuad – 100 breast
- Swartley – 500 free
- Tiell – 1000 free
- Westbrook – 50 free
Lynn returns to the pool when it hosts Nova Southeastern in a dual meet on Friday, Nov. 17, at 3 pm.