Savannah, Ga. - Lynn University's swimming team maintained its third place position following the second day of competition at the 13th Annual SCAD Invitational. Sarah Hughes claimed first place in the 400 individual medley while five of her teammates earned spots in the 'A' and 'B' finals.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Standings: 3rd out of 13 teams
Location: Chatham County Aquatic Center | Savannah, Ga.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn took fifth place in the 4x50 freestyle relay as Fatimah Westbrook, Lia Coma, Alyson Currao and Megan Carlson swam a time of 1:38.70 while the Tatiana St. Juste, Kasey Swartley, Katie Tiell and Isabella Giacomini were clocked in 1:43.44.
- Hughes tapped the wall in the top time for both the preliminaries and finals. Her 4:27.75 seeded her first before she topped that time by four seconds (4:23.62). Joining her on the podium was freshman Samar Khacha, who placed third in a time of 4:31.55.
- Sarah Nichols swam the 100 butterfly in 58.64 to finish 13th overall and fifth in the 'B' finals.
- The Fighting Knights placed two in the 200 free 'B' finals as Catalina Berraud-Galea finished first (1:55.23) and Carlson second (1:55.34).
- Westbrook earned a seventh place finish in the 'A' finals of the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:05.76.
- Coma was the lone representative for Lynn in the 100 backstroke as she came in third in the 'B' final at 59.74.
- Lastly, the Fighting Knights 'A' 4x100 medley relay squad of Coma, Westrbook, Hughes and Nichols clocked in at 3:56.97 to finish fourth. The 'B' side of St. Juste, Berraud-Galea, Khacha and Swartley placed 17th (4:10.45).
BEYOND THE SCORESHEET:
- Wingate increased its lead with a score of 753. Emory is second with 451.5 followed by Lynn (256), host SCAD (240) and Keiser (211.5).
The Fighting Knights are back in the pool at the SCAD Invitational on Saturday, Dec. 2, beginning with preliminaries at 8 am.