Davie, Fla. – Lynn University's women's swimming team had little problem besting Rollins College but fell to second-ranked Nova Southeastern in its double-dual meet on Saturday afternoon. Sarah Hughes captured first place in all three of her individual events while three personal records were set.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Scores: Lynn def. Rollins 161.5 to 100.5; Nova Southeastern def. Lynn 186-76
Location: Nova Southeastern Aquatic Center | Davie, Fla.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn started off the meet right, taking third and fourth place behind the Sharks in the 200 medley relay. The 'A' team of Anita Field, Sarah Hughes, Sarah Nichols and Laia Coma swam a time of 1:52.86 while the 'B' squad of Alyson Currao, Grace Armit, Samar Khacha and Tatiana St. Juste was just three seconds behind (1:55.54).
- Catalina Berraud-Galea logged the first of her two second place finishes in the 1000 free (10:26.26) with Susan Faremouth taking sixth (10:55.68) and Aliah Maginley eighth (11:43.48).
- Clara Monges added a second place finish in the 200 free (1:57.70) and Berraud Galea tied for sixth and Katie Tiell swam a time of 2:10.70
- Laia Coma was the top Blue and White finisher in the 100 back (3rd – 1:01.88) while Anit Field (1:06.14), Tatiana St. Juste (1:06.45) and Sydney Keefe (1:07.44) placed seventh through ninth.
- Hughes captured first place in the 100 breaststroke (1:06.96) and Grace Armit took seventh, Shelby McKeever 11th and Maginley 12th.
- Khacha and Faremouth placed third (2:09.58) and fourth (2:11.76) in the 200 fly while Currao (25.79) and Coma (25.82) had fifth and sixth place finishes in the 50 free.
- Lynn had bottom-half finishes in the 100 free and 200 back as Monges claimed sixth with Currao ninth and St. Juste 14th in the 100 free and Coma seventh, Field eighth and Keefe ninth.
- Hughes brought home another first place finish in the 200 breast, winning by five and half seconds and Khacha (2:32.51) and Armit (2:35.53) placed fifth and seventh
- Lynn ended its individual events well with two runner-up finishes and a victory.
- Berraud-Galea finished second in the 500 free (5:07.31). Faremouth was sixth and Maginley 10th.
- Monges was runner-up in the 100 fly (57.99), Nichols was fifth (1:01.03) and Currao tied for 10th.
- Lastly Hughes topped the field in the 200 IM, edging out her opponent by two-tenths of a second. Khacha was fourth and McKeever 10th.
- Lynn ended the meet with by tying for second in the 400 freestyle relay (Nichols, Berraud-Galea, Faremouth, Monges) while the B team finished eighth.
BEYOND THE SCORESHEET:
- McGee swam a career-best time in the 100 back, beating her previous time by more than a second.
- Khacha posted a season-best in the 200 breast.
- Faremouth had season and career-best times in the 1000 free and 200 fly.
- Maginley logged a season-best time in 1000 free.
- Coma and St. Juste clocked season-best times in the 100 back.
- Armit and McKeever had season-best times in the 100 breast.
- Khacha swam a season-best in 200 fly.
- Currao and Coma had season-best times in the 50 free.
- Currao posted a season-best in 100 free.
- Keefe tapped the wall in a career-best time in the 200 back.
- Khacha had a season-best in the 200 breast.
- Faremouth logged a season-best in the 500 free.
- Khacha and McKeever had season-best times in the 200 IM.
Lynn is back in the pool on Wednesday, Nov. 7, at 1 p.m. when it travels to West Palm Beach, Fla., to battle Keiser. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.