West Palm Beach, Fla. – Lynn University's swimming team won nine events en route to a 226-200 dual meet victory over Keiser on Wednesday afternoon. Four swimmers swam personal record times while five additional swimmers swam season-best times.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Scores: Lynn def. Keiser 226-200
Location: Lake Lytal Aquatic Center| West Palm Beach, Fla.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn opened the competition with a first place finish in the 400 medley relay. The 'A' squad turned in a time of 4:03.41 while the 'B' squad took third (4:17.16).
- Catlina Berraud-Galea earned a first place finish in the 1000 Free (10:26.49) and 500 Free (5:07.49).
- Clara Monges earned first place finishes in two separate events; 200 free with a time of 1:58.41 and 100 fly (59.62).
- Freshman Karolina Smylek tapped the wall first in the 100 back (58.19) and 200 back (2:08.04).
- Grace Armit logged runner-up finishes in both the 100 (1:10.73) and 200 breaststrokes (2:33.94).
- Samar Khacha collected first place finishes in the 200 fly (2:08.11) and 400 individual medley (4:35.53).
- The Fighting Knights ended the meet with Sarah Nichols, Berraud-Galea, Susan Faremouth and Khacha taking second in the 200 free relay (1:44.39) as the 'A' team while Anita Field, Katie Tiell, Aliah Maginley and Lauren McGee took fourth.
BEYOND THE HEAT SHEET:
- This is the second dual meet victory over Keiser.
- Five swimmers swam season-best times:
- Four swimmers swam personal-best times:
Lynn is back in the pool for a two-day meet beginning Thursday, Nov. 29, in Savannah, Ga., at the SCAD Invitational. For more information log on to LynnFightingKnights.com.