Savannah, Ga. – Lynn University stayed strong in the pool for the third consecutive day to finish second overall at the 14th Annual SCAD Invitational. The Fighting Knights posted four NCAA B cut times while 12 personal records were set.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Standing: 2nd of 13 teams
Location: Chatham Aquatic Center | Savannah, Ga.
History at Event: Second appearance (Third place in 2017)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn (447) overtook Emory (416.5) by a wide margin on the final day of competition to finish second behind ninth-ranked Wingate. Keiser (364.5) placed fourth while host SCAD (329) jumped Rollins (297) for fifth.
- The night started off with a bang as Catalina Berraud-Galea (17:05.00) outlasted Wingate's Katie Agger in the 1650 freestyle, beating her opponent by six-tenths of a second for an NCAA B cut time.
- Just as the 100 backstroke was impressive on day two, the 200 back was equally exciting as Anita Field swam a 2:08.84 in the 'B' finals while Laia Coma posted a mark of 2:08.25 in the 'A' finals.
- Karolina Smylek posted the fastest 200 back time for Lynn, swimming time of 2:01.00 in the time trial to earn a NCAA B cut time.
- Clara Monges tapped the wall in an NCAA B cut time of 52.11 in the 'B' finals of the 100 free.
- Sarah Hughes put on another dominating display in the pool during the 200 breaststroke. The senior beat her opponent by one and a half seconds with a NCAA B cut time of 2:18.54.
- Samar Khacha just missed out on a B cut time by eight-tenths of a second and finished third in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:06.18.
- The Fighting Knights finished fourth and 10th in the 400 free relay. Berraud-Galea, Sarah Nichols, Monges and Coma swam a time of 3:34.43 in the A final. Smylek, Field, Khacha and Tatiana St. Juste posted a time of 3:41.48. Lastly Aliah Maginley, Lauren McGee, Sydney Keefe and Katie Tiell swam a 3:55.27.
BEYOND THE HEAT SHEET:
- In total, Lynn recorded four event victories with eight NCAA B cut times.
- Lynn's 400 free relay time was the third-fastest in school history.
- Personal-record times were set by:
Lynn battles Keiser University on Wednesday, Dec. 19, at 10 a.m. in its first home meet of the season. For more information, check out LynnFightingKnights.com.