BOCA RATON, Fla. - Lynn University's swimming team heads into the New Year on a high note following a 131-73 victory over Keiser in its final dual meet of 2018. Samar Khacha took top honors in both of her individual events and the 800 medley relay while logging a personal-record time in the 100 butterfly.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Scores: Lynn def. Keiser 131-73
Location: McCusker Pool Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
Swimming History: Lynn is 3-0 in dual meets against Keiser)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn won nine of the 11 events, including two relays, and finished as the runner-up in six events.
- The Blue and White took the top-two spots in the 800 medley relay. The A squad posted a time of 8:51.54 while the B team tapped the wall in 9:06.00.
- Catalina Berraud-Galea continued her dominance in the 1000 freestyle with a first place finish (10:35.78) while Aliah Maginley (11:52.33) placed third.
- Khacha (2:00.00) and Susan (2:01.69) were first and second in the 200 free while Anita Field (2:07.27) and Sydney Keefe (2:09.85) were fourth and fifth.
- Laia Coma (25.78) missed first place in the 50 free by two-tenths of a second. Alyson Currao (25.92) was third with Tatiana St. Juste (26.69) fifth.
- Sarah Hughes (1:01.22) beat out Ori Freibach by two-tenths of a second in the 100 individual medley, needing to surpass the Seahawk swimmer on the breaststroke portion to earn the win. Shelby McKeever (1:11.84) and Savanna Suggs (1:12.81) also competed.
- Khacha (1:00.72) and Sarah Nichols (1:01.11) took the top-two spots in the 100 fly. Currao (1:04.17) took sixth.
- Clara Monges (55.20) missed out on first in the 100 free by seven-hundredths of a second while St. Juste (57.41) earned third and Grace Armit (59.66) placed sixth.
- Coma (1:00.83) and Field (1:02.99) tapped the wall first and second in the 100 back and Keefe (1:08.60) was fifth.
- Berraud-Galea (5:13.59) earned another 500 free first place finish while Faremouth (5:25.66) was third and Maginley (5:51.40) fifth.
- There was no photo finish in the 100 breaststroke between Hughes and Freibach as Lynn's senior topped her opponent 1:07.69 to 1:11.96. Grace Armit (1:13.74) earned third with McKeever (1:16.83) fifth and Suggs (1:19.99) sixth.
- Lynn ended the day with a 1:42.86 time in the 200 free relay.
BEYOND THE HEAT SHEET:
- This is the second dual meet victory against Keiser this season. Lynn won 226-200 on Nov. 7, in West Palm Beach.
- The Fighting Knights have four dual meet wins so far this year.
- Lynn matched its event victories from its previous meet against Keiser.
- This was the first time this season the Blue and White competed in the 800 medley relay and 100 IM.
Lynn is back in the pool for the Fourth Annual Sprint Invite on Saturday, Jan. 5, at 1 p.m. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.