BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's swimming team hosted its first swim meet of the season against Nova Southeastern on Friday afternoon. Freshmen Ewa Osiniak and Samantha Beck combined for one event victory and three runner-up finishes.
INSIDE THE MEET:
Scores: Nova Southeastern def. Lynn 147-58
Location: McCusker Pool Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Blue and White's day started with second and fourth place finishes in the 200 medley relay. The 'A' squad of Karolina Smylek, Beck, Clara Monges and Osiniak posted a time of 1:47.26 with the 'B' team (Anita Field, Grace Armit, Sarah Nichols and Alyson Currao) finishing in 1:54.65.
- Susan Faremouth (10:52.26) clocked the best time for Lynn in the 1000 freestyle followed by Kali Bush (10:53.15), Brecca Hawkins (11:26.13) and Shelley Sikes (11:39.44).
- Clara Monges placed second in the 200 freesteyle with a time of 1:57.02, three-tenths of a second back of the winner from NSU. Armit (2:05.53), Field (2:05.81) and Sydney Keefe (2:10.91) also competed.
- Four Fighting Knights participated in the 50 free headlined by Currao's third place finish (25.50). Nichols was timed at 25.68, Tatiana St. Juste tapped the wall in 26.15 and Patricia Duong was timed at 28.80.
- Beck and Samar Khacha took second and third in the 400 individual medley with times of 4:31.95 and 4:34.83. Shelby McKeever was clocked in 5:26.70.
- Monges garnered third place recognition in the 100 butterfly (59.15) as Khacha tapped the wall in 1:01.30 and Currao 1:03.20.
- Osiniak missed out on top honors in the 100 free (52.46) by eight-hundredths of a second. Nichols came in fourth (55.85) and Sikes and Grace Foltz added times of 59.59 and 1:00.98, respectively.
- Smylek took second in the 100 backstroke (57.39) while St. Juste swam a 1:04.38, Field a 1:04.42 and Hawkins a 1:07.41.
- Bush and Khacha were fourth (5:16.35) and fifth (5:20.12) in the 500 free while Faremouth tapped the wall in 5:24.79) and Keefe in 5:55.01.
- Osiniak won first place in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:05.31, three-tenths of a second faster than teammate Beck (1:05.67). Armit posted a time of 1:11.97 and Foltz 1:14.02.
- Lynn's 200 relay teams slotted in times of 1:43.84 and 1:50.55 to end the afternoon.
BEYOND THE HEAT SHEET:
- Osiniak won for the first time in the breaststroke after claiming a victory in the 100 free at the Shark Invite.
- Swimmers who posted PR times:
- Beck – 100 breast and 400 IM
- Armit – 200 free
- Bush – 500 free and 1000 free
- Faremouth – 1000 free
- Hawkins – 1000 free
- Khacha – 500 free
Lynn is back in the pool when it hosts Rollins on Saturday, Nov. 2, with a noon start time. For more information check out LynnFightingKnights.com.