BOCA RATON, Fla. – A 10-day layoff did not affect the Lynn University women's tennis team as the Fighting Knights easily dispatched of Bethune-Cookman 9-0 on Wednesday morning. Carolina Cuevas set the pace in singles by not dropping a game.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 9, Bethune-Cookman 0
Records: #5 Lynn (6-1), Bethune-Cookman (4-9)
Location: Perper Tennix Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series: Lynn leads 4-0 (Last meeting 2015)
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The doubles tandem of Alina Jane and Martina Gledacheva completed their match quickly, winning 8-1 over Hilary Hanton/Karen Romero.
- Lynn combos Diana Bogolii/Rosalie Willig and Grace Mpassy/Cuevas topped their opponents 8-3 apiece.
- Cuevas continued her dominance into her singles play when she topped Hanton 6-0, 6-0.
- Mpassy was just behind her doubles teammate, taking down Ancia Ifill 6-1, 6-0 to give Lynn the victory.
- Gledacheva turned in a 6-3, 6-0 win over Alejandra Vidal at the No. 5 position followed by Alina Jane's 6-1, 6-2, victory against Karen Romero in the sixth-spot.
- Lynn's top-two singles players, Bogolii and Willig, completed the sweep with victories of 6-1, 6-4, and 6-2, 6-4.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This is the second consecutive singles match Cuevas has won without dropping a game.
- Mpassy remains the only undefeated athlete in singles competition after improving to 7-0.
- Gledacheva and Jane are the last undefeated doubles duo as they moved to 5-0 on the year.
Lynn is back on the courts Friday, March 11, when it travels to Kissimmee, Fla., to take on Grand Valley State.