Kissimmee, Fla. – Lynn University's fifth-ranked women's tennis team competed against 28th-ranked Grand Valley St. in neutral Kissimmee, Fla. on Friday, shutting out the Lakers, 9-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 9, Grand Valley St. 0
Records: #5 Lynn (7-1), #28 Grand Valley St. (19-4)
Location: Kissimmee, Fla.
Series: First-ever meeting
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn recorded comfortable victories at the top two flights and battled out an 8-6 win at No. 3 to sweep all three doubles points.
- The No. 1 squad of Rosalie Willig and Diana Bogolii along with the No. 2 duo of Grace Mpassy and Carolina Cuevas each produced 8-1 wins. Alina Jane and Martina Gledacheva notched the tight victory for Lynn at No. 3.
- In singles, the Fighting Knights won all six matches, including four in straight sets.
- Bogolii (No. 1), Mpassy (3), Cuevas (4) and Jane (6) surrendered no more than two games in each of their respective straight-set triumphs.
- Willig won the opening set 6-1 at No. 2 singles before dropping the second, 4-6. The junior brought home the deciding frame, 6-2.
- Gledacheva was also forced to a third set at No. 5, ultimately closing out the Blue & White sweep (6-4, 5-7, 6-4).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn is 3-0 in neutral site matches this season.
- The Lakers have competed in a whopping 23 dual matches in 2015-16, compared to just eight for Lynn.
The Fighting Knights next host Auburn Montgomery on Monday, March 14 at 3 p.m.