BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's fifth-ranked women's tennis team took down another ranked opponent on Thursday afternoon, dropping No. 23 Academy of Art University at home, 6-1. Diana Bogolii, Rosalie Willig and Alina Jane were all double-winners on the day to lift their squad over the Urban Knights.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 6, Academy of Art 1
Records: #5 Lynn (9-1), #23 Academy of Art (5-6)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
Series: Lynn leads 1-0 all-time
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn posted two 8-3 victories in doubles to start off the match with a 2-1 edge over Art U.
- Bogolii and Willig won their seventh consecutive doubles outing at the top spot while Jane teamed up with Martina Gledacheva for the triumph at No. 3.
- Art U notched their lone point of the match at No. 2 doubles, 8-6.
- 23rd-ranked Willig got things going in singles action with a 6-2, 6-0 win at the second flight while Grace Mpassy followed up at the next position, 6-0, 6-1.
- With Lynn up 4-1 and only needing one more point to clinch the match, Bogolii and Jane closed out their respective singles contests simultaneously to call a stop to the action.
- 8th-ranked Bogolii downed Taisiia Andrieieva at the top spot, 6-0, 7-5, while Jane posted a 6-1, 6-4 triumph at No. 6.
- Carolina Cuevas was up a set at No. 4 against 47th-ranked Annika Schneider.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Art U is five matches in to a seven-match stretch playing nationally-ranked opponents.
- It was the first meeting between the teams in the programs' history.
The Fighting Knights are halfway through a four-match home stand, next hosting Flagler College on Sunday, March 20 at 10 a.m.