St. Augustine, Fla. – Lynn University's fifth-ranked women's tennis team picked up its 10th-straight victory on Tuesday as the Fighting Knights swept 10th-ranked Flagler College, 5-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 5, Flagler 0
Records: #5 Lynn (11-1), #10 Flagler (14-3)
Location: Flagler Tennis Center | St. Augustine, Fla.
Series: Lynn leads 10-9 all-time
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn grabbed all three doubles matches for an early 3-0 lead.
- The fourth-ranked pairing of Diana Bogolii and Rosalie Willig easily secured the top position (8-1) while Alina Jane and Carolina Cuevas won handedly at No. 3 doubles, 8-3.
- Grace Mpassy and Martina Gledacheva secured the doubles sweep with a tough 8-6 win at No. 2.
- Singles competition started at the backend of the order and the Fighting Knights only need two matches to close out the win.
- Cuevas dropped Thaisa Pereira at the No. 4 singles spot in straight sets (6-4, 6-3) to give Lynn its fourth point.
- Gledacheva won the first set at No. 5, 6-3, but fell in the second by an identical tally. The sophomore bounced back with a bagel in the third to close out the win for the Blue & White.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- It was only Flagler's second loss in its past 16 matches.
- The Blue & White have gone unblemished since Feb. 13.
- The No. 2 & 3 doubles teams played together for the first time this season.
Lynn returns to the courts tomorrow, Wednesday, March 30 for a 3:30 p.m. matchup at Embry-Riddle.