Winter Park, Fla. – Lynn University's fifth-ranked women's tennis team got back in the win column on the road Friday evening, dropping Sunshine State Conference opponent and 34th-ranked Rollins College by an 8-1 final.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 8, Rollins 1
Records: #5 Lynn (14-3, 3-2 SSC), #34 Rollins (9-5, 0-2 SSC)
Location: Bert Martin Tennis Complex | Winter Park, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 35-4
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn fell at the top doubles flight but bounced back in the remaining contests to garner a 2-1 edge heading into singles.
- Diana Bogolii teamed up with Carolina Cuevas for the first time of the season, winning 8-3 at the No. 2 spot. Grace Mpassy and Martina Gledacheva posted their sixth-straight doubles victory with an 8-4 triumph at No. 3.
- The Blue & White swept the singles action with five of the wins coming in straight sets.
- At the top spot, Bogolii dropped 33rd-ranked Shannon Etten 6-1, 6-1 while Mpassy posted another blanking (6-0, 6-0) at the two spot.
- Rosalie Willig (6-2, 6-2), Cuevas (6-3, 6-1) and Gledacheva (6-1, 6-1) each secured comfortable victories at the three-through-five positions, respectively.
- Alina Jane fell in the first set at No. 6, but rebounded for the second consecutive outing to pick up the win in three (4-6, 6-0, 10-7).
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn snapped a two-match losing skid, its first since the 2013 postseason.
- Jane has gone to three sets in each of the last three matches, winning all of them.
The Fighting Knights return to action tomorrow, Saturday, April 9 with a 10 a.m. SSC match at Tampa.