Tampa, Fla. – The fifth-ranked Lynn University women's tennis team picked up its second convincing Sunshine State Conference victory in as many days, rolling in to Tampa on Saturday and sweeping the Spartans, 9-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 9, Tampa 0
Records: #5 Lynn (15-3, 4-2 SSC), Tampa (6-8, 0-6 SSC)
Location: Naimoli & Young Tennis Complex | Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 26-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The doubles contests finished 1-2-3, with the Fighting Knights taking each comfortably.
- Rosalie Willig and Alina Jane picked up their first win together, blanking the Spartans at the top spot, 8-0.
- Diana Bogolii and Carolina Cuevas along with Martina Gledacheva and Grace Mpassy recorded 8-1 victories at the second and third doubles flights, respectively.
- The Blue & White cruised through singles play, winning all six in straight sets while dropping no more than five total games in any individual match.
- Mpassy and Bogolii got things going at the top two positions to clinch the match for Lynn, winning 6-2, 6-0 and 6-1, 6-0.
- Jane followed up with a 6-1, 6-0 triumph at the six spot before Gledacheva dominated at No. 5, 6-0, 6-0.
- Willig breezed through the first set at No. 3, 6-0, but had to fend off her foe in the second, 6-4.
- Cuevas closed out the sweep at the fourth flight, recording a 6-2, 6-3 triumph.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn is undefeated all-time against the Spartans.
- Mpassy notched her team-high 16th singles win on the season.
The Fighting Knights close out the weekend road trip tomorrow, Sunday, April 10 with a 1 p.m. SSC match at Florida Tech.