Satellite Beach, Fla. – The fifth-ranked Lynn University women's tennis contingent picked up its third Sunshine State Conference victory of the weekend on Sunday afternoon, defeating 29th-ranked Florida Tech on the road, 8-1.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 8, Florida Tech 1
Records: #5 Lynn (16-3, 5-2 SSC), #29 Florida Tech (13-7, 2-4 SSC)
Location: DeSoto Park | Satellite Beach, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 17-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The top two flights featured some exciting doubles play while Lynn cleaned up at the No. 3 spot.
- Martina Gledacheva and Grace Mpassy put the Fighting Knights on the board with an 8-0 win at No. 3.
- The Panthers gathered their only point in the match at the top doubles flight, 9-8, while Diana Bogolii and Carolina Cuevas pulled out a 9-8 triumph of their own at the No. 2 position.
- The Blue & White swept singles play in straight sets to secure the win.
- Mpassy, playing at the No. 1 slot for the second consecutive match, dropped 50th-ranked Natasa Vukovic with ease, 6-2, 6-1.
- Lynn's two nationally-ranked singles players, Bogolli and Rosalie Willig, posted wins at the next two positions. No. 6 Bogolii won 6-0, 6-1 at the second flight while No. 20 Willig blanked her foe at the three spot, 6-0, 6-0.
- Cuevas outlasted in the first set at No. 4, 7-6, then closed out 6-1 in the second. Gledacheva had her way in the No. 5 matchup, 6-1, 6-0.
- After dropping the first set at No. 6, Alina Jane was ahead 5-2 in the second before her opponent retired.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Florida Tech was 10-0 at home coming into today's match. Meanwhile, the Fighting Knights now remain undefeated away from home, 10-0.
- The Panthers are currently on a four-match skid.
The Fighting Knights will close out the regular season with two home matches next week, starting with Palm Beach Atlantic at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 12.