BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's tennis team improved to 10-0 in 2017 following a 5-0 nonconference sweep for the third-ranked Fighting Knights over the visiting Auburn University of Montgomery Warhawks Monday evening.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 5, AUM 0
Records: #3 Lynn (10-0), AUM (8-2)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 11-6
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
- Lynn cruised through doubles action to build an early 3-0 advantage.
- Rosalie Willig/Stefanie Stemmer won at the top flight, 8-3, Diana Bogolii/Grace Mpassy took the No. 2 match, 8-2, and Martina Gledacheva/Carolina Cuevas won 8-2 at the third flight.
- Two quick singles victories were all the Fighting Knights needed to close out the sweep.
- 16th-ranked Willig handled Paula Diaz at No. 2 singles, 6-1, 6-1.
- 39th-ranked Stemmer clinched the triumph with a 6-2, 6-2 win at No. 3.
- Mpassy was ahead 7-6 in the opening set over 26th-ranked Kelly Southwood before the match was called.
- The four, five and six matches never saw the court.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- The Fighting Knights are 10-0 to start a season for the first time since 2014.
- AUM suffered its first loss in over a month when the Warhawks fell in the third match of the season.
Lynn remains home on Wednesday, March 15 for a 3 p.m. matchup against Indianapolis.