BOCA RATON, Fla. – Windy conditions and a second match in two days was no problem for the third-ranked Lynn University women's tennis program as the Fighting Knights defeated Florida Tech 9-0 on Sunday afternoon in a return to Sunshine State Conference play.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #3 Lynn 9, Florida Tech 0
Records: Lynn (13-0, 3-0 SSC), Florida Tech (11-4, 1-4 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 18-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights again had a strong showing in doubles play, going into singles up 3-0.
- The pairings of Tereza Hejlova and Carolina Cuevas at the No. 3 spot and Diana Bogolii and Grace Mpassy at the No. 2 position both defeated their opponents 8-1.
- The German duo of Stefanie Stemmer and Rosalie Willig took their doubles match 8-3 at the top flight.
- A 6-2, 6-0 victory from 16th-ranked Willig at the third singles slot and a 6-1, 6-0 triumph from Martina Gledacheva in the fourth singles positon would secure the win for the Blue and White.
- At the No. 2 matchup, 12th-ranked Bogolii took home a 6-1, 6-0 win against Lauren Stuckey.
- Cuevas recorded a straight set 6-1, 6-2 win, playing at the No. 5 position.
- 23rd-ranked Mpassy blanked Alahna Reto 6-0, 6-0 at the top positon.
- Hejlova rounded out the sweep with a 6-3, 6-4 victory at No. 6.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Every Fighting Knight on the roster played today.
- Cuevas, Gledacheva, and Willig remain undefeated in singles action on the year.
- The 6-0, 6-0 win from Mpassy was her first singles sweep on the year and the seventh in her Lynn career.
The Fighting Knights now have over a week off, next facing Nova Southeastern on the road on Monday, March 27 at 3 p.m.