Lawrenceville, Ga. – The No. 1 team in NCAA Division II and the No. 1 team in the NAIA went to battle on Saturday with Lynn University's top-ranked women's tennis team securing a 5-3 win on the road over top-ranked Georgia Gwinnett College to round out the 2018 Grizzly Spring Break Invitational.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 5, GGC 3
Records: #1 Lynn (8-1), GGC (9-1)
Location: GGC Tennis Facility | Lawrenceville, Ga.
All-Time Series: Lynn leads 2-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- All three doubles bouts were tight with Lynn winning two for an early advantage.
- Klaudia Boczova and Eliska Petrackova took the top flight, 8-5, with Diana Bogolii and Federica Mordegan winning at No. 2, 8-6.
- The Grizzlies picked up their lone doubles point in the No. 3 matchup, 8-5.
- Boczova and Mordegan each picked up their second wins of the day in singles competition. Boczova won at the top flight, 6-3, 6-4, with Mordegan winning at No. 3, 6-3, 6-3.
- Eleonora Liga rounded out Lynn's victories on the day with a 6-1, 6-1 triumph at No. 5 singles.
- At No. 4 singles, Petrackova split the first two sets with her opponent and led in the third before rain halted the match.
- The Grizzlies picked up a straight-set win at No. 6 along with a retirement at No. 2.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn hands GGC its first loss of the season.
- The Fighting Knights featured new pairings at the top two doubles flights. Boczova and Bogolii had played No. 1 doubles together in every match so far this season.
Lynn returns home to host Auburn Montgomery at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 14.