BOCA RATON, Fla. – It was just another day at the office for Lynn University's top-ranked women's tennis team as the Fighting Knights bested Auburn Montgomery at home on Wednesday, 8-1. Lynn's only loss was at No. 6 singles due to an injury default.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 8, AUM 1
Records: #1 Lynn (9-1), AUM (4-7)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 12-6
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Fighting Knights controlled doubles play with three smooth victories.
- The squads of Klaudia Boczova and Eliska Petrackova at No. 1 and Eleonora Liga and Anastacia Parkin at No. 2 each posted 8-2 wins.
- Diana Bogolii and Federica Mordegan blanked their opponents at No. 3, 8-0.
- Boczova turned in a nearly flawless performance at the top singles flight, not only winning 6-0, 6-0, but did not commit an unforced error the entire match.
- Bogolii and Mordegan followed up with straight-set triumphs at the second and third flights, respectively.
- The final two matches featured eight-game pro sets, with Petrackova winning at No. 4 in a tiebreaker, 9-8 (7-2) and Parkin taking the No. 5 matchup, 8-2.
- AUM grabbed the point at No. 6 by default.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Lynn has picked up a win over AUM in nine straight seasons.
- The Fighting Knights experimented with a new arrangement of doubles pairings for the second straight outing.
- Liga was pulled at No. 5 singles, moving Parkin up from No. 6 and giving AUM the win in the final spot.
Lynn is right back at it tomorrow at home when the Fighting Knights return to league action vs. Palm Beach Atlantic at 3 p.m.