BOCA RATON, Fla. – Lynn University's women's tennis team has not had a Sunshine State Conference match in nearly a month but the top-ranked Fighting Knights picked up their second league win of the season on Thursday with an 8-1 triumph over visiting Palm Beach Atlantic.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lynn 9, PBA 1
Records: #1 Lynn (10-1, 2-0 SSC), PBA (7-8, 0-3 SSC)
Location: Perper Tennis Complex | Boca Raton, Fla.
All-time Series: Lynn leads 14-0
Get Social: Twitter - @Lynn_Knights | Instagram - @Lynn_Knights | Facebook - /LynnFightingKnights
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lynn breezed by PBA at the first and third doubles flights but had to battle a bit at No. 2 before securing the pairs sweep.
- Diana Bogolii and Federica Mordegan took the No. 3 match, 8-1, with Klaudia Boczova and Eliska Petrackova winning at No. 1, 8-2.
- Eleonora Liga and Anastacia Parkin built a 5-2 lead at No. 2 doubles before closing out an 8-4 victory.
- Lynn won five of the six singles contests in straight sets to secure the match.
- Boczova started off the singles scoring with a 6-1, 6-0 win at the top flight before Mordegan clinched the match for Lynn with a 6-2, 6-1 win at No. 3.
- Petrackova wrapped up shortly after, controlling the No. 5 matchup, 6-2, 6-0.
- Parkin blanked her opponent in the first set at No. 6 before taking the second set, 6-3.
- Bogolii closed out Lynn's scoring in singles with a 6-1, 6-2 triumph at the second flight.
- PBA's Taylor Conti led Liga 5-4 in the No. 4 match before Liga was forced to retire due to injury.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Boczova has yet to drop a set in singles play this season.
- Petrackova improved to 8-0 in doubles competition.
The Fighting Knights remain in conference play when they hit the road this weekend, taking on Florida Tech at 12 p.m. on Saturday, March 17.